Security expert Fyodor Yakovlev, responded to questions of ... py ... Poteeva, who was found guilty of treason under Article. 275, desertion under Article. 338 of the Criminal Code and sentenced to 25 years in prison ( in absentia), a fine of annual salary, deprivation of rank and state awards. Since Poteeva escape from Russia more than a year. Are you still - the only one of his many colleagues who openly declares his personal acquaintance with him.
- It is clear that the existing staff of the Foreign Intelligence Service of such familiarity will be silent, and the veteran journalists who know him, probably just a bad look. In Russia, and especially in Moscow, they abound.
- What are your impressions of the sentence?.
- Painful, because during the trial, in fact, the only evidence was the betrayal of his absence Poteeva.
- According to media veterans are satisfied with the verdict of the court....
- Do not make fools of the veterans happy. How can we be satisfied? . After the court has found not only where the Pot at the moment, but even if he is alive at all. But, most importantly, according to the verdict, the investigation conducted by the FSB and SVR did not sort out what really happened, but somehow completely passed the American version of that Russian intelligence officers were under 10 years of their ...
- The court has fixed the sentence that he actually started working for the Americans in 2000?.
- Why do you think he was above suspicion?.
- Man asks leave for a couple of days, but do not give him leave, then he is in time spent with dull meeting, citing poor health, but instead rest up at home, went to Minsk. Moreover, the next day he did not appear to work, and his wife SMSkoy (! ) Sends almost a confession of his escape: ... I do not want to, but it turned. I will start life anew. Children will assist, if they accept it, please do not turn them against me! ... That is, of his escape became known to the leadership of the Foreign Intelligence Service since the early morning June 26, and from himself, but... its still no one was looking?! . 51, and crossed the border with Ukraine in general as much as 22. 04 - time to organize his interception was enough.
- And why it is not looking?.
- Because it sat in a bunch of generals and colonels, looked at each other, but they could not believe what is really Pot fled.
- And why it can not be true?.
- In principle,. But, first, that there is no conclusive evidence, and, second, and this is perhaps the most dangerous, so the Americans can be attributed to Poteeva information acquired from another and other ... This is indicated by a strange silence Poteeva over the years since the disappearance of.
However, this may be two explanations - either it is not at all, either in response to reporters' questions, he might blurt out too much, including the timing of his betrayal, or for details of other circumstances. And from this you may find that to some secret information become known to Americans, he simply could not have a relationship for a number of objective reasons. That silent Potev.
- Maybe they're just afraid for his safety?.
- At a press conference for journalists selected and searched in a private protected area? . The greatest danger for him is, except that Anna Chapman. Vain, that whether it is in a glossy magazine with a gun was photographed? .
- Speaking of Chapman. Many expressed skepticism about her abilities scout....
- As they say in Russia, every cricket - to his last. Specificity of intelligence is multifaceted, and each scout has his specific functions. To long to explain, look at his wife of Georgian President Saakashvili's wife Sandra Roelofs, or ex- Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko Katherine Claire Chumachenko. No comments.
- Do you believe in the future Chapman could become the wife of U.S. President? .
- But this could easily take care of other Russian spies. For example, Donald Heathfield, born Andrei Bezrukov and studied at Harvard on the same course with the current President of Mexico Felipe Calderon. And these ... Another Russian intelligence officer, Cynthia Murphy, aka Lydia Guryev, working vice-president office Morea Financial Services, led by Alan Patrikofa financial affairs, one of the leading U.S. venture capital investors, who, as a personal friend of U.S. Secretary of State X. Clinton was responsible for the funding of its election campaign, and it was not the only one of its clients a level of. So, let not the future president, but the senator it could easily marry.
And, in general, do not detract from the dignity of our girls, for example, one Russian - Katia Zatuliveter, who became famous as a result of a spy scandal in England, to him quietly and calmly worked helper Liberal Democrat Mike Hancock, a member of the Defense Committee of the House of Commons of Great Britain.
- Do you think the blame Poteeva unproven?.
- Unfortunately, once again, in the judgment there is no direct evidence of his betrayal, but instead of facts, too many declarations and assumptions. Not a single cache, through which the sweat, to convince the court, passed on information received and the instructions are not found. None of the receipt of money for ten years in the U.S. intelligence also is not fixed. For which he began working for the Americans? .
- But, after that he fled to the United States, the court nevertheless found?.
- How do you say. According to the court, sweating, first went to Minsk, Belarus, then from the documents of a Dudochkin moved through Ukraine to Germany and then in the U.S.. But this is practically nothing is confirmed. The fact that he went to Minsk is known from the words of his wife, who allegedly accompanied him even. But she had already opened a visa to the United States, where she was going to leave soon, so that it can be assumed that Poteeva or blackmailed Poteevyh fate of their children living in the U.S.. The most primitive Poteeva could steal, and his wife play this dramatization of his departure, worrying about the fate of her husband and children, who, incidentally, did not appear at the trial, because until now are in the U.S. and quite possibly, just as hostages.
Revision of the investigation and, accordingly, the court about the route Poteeva must be confirmed, at least, CCTV footage of the Belarusian railway station in Moscow, double (arrival / departure) - railway station in Minsk, the airport of departure in the Ukraine and the airport of arrival in Frankfurt am Main, .
- What about media reports that Pot came to the U.S. in the camera to Lazaro - Vasenkovu with his personal business?.
- This invention with respect to the arrival of Poteeva into the camera, and for display case has denied a former Head of the ...
- Then why so hurry with the sentence, if not understood in all the circumstances of the case?.
- To report back quickly to close the case, although this haste can lead to big trouble later on, as has been repeatedly. For example, In 1980 he lost his wife and daughter of a KGB officer in. Sheymov, who served the technical protection of information in Soviet embassies abroad and foreign residences in the KGB. After a really long and thorough search, did not find any trace of their disappearance, the KGB decided that they were victims of unsolved crimes and, accordingly, the change cipher was considered inappropriate. Incorrect assessment of the situation led to the fact that U.S. intelligence agencies were able to install the unit near Moscow, to intercept communications transmitted by cable of classified information. As a result, within five years (! ), The Americans were able to control even the KGB correspondence with foreign residency, as long as the device was found and defused. After that appeared in the U.S. and Sheymov. In this case, unlike the situation with Poteevym, it is understandable why the Americans kept secret Sheymova stay in the U.S.. But there is still an important aspect.
- Can you imagine how much information about the various activities abroad, the KGB received Americans and, of course, many of these events was disrupted. And now imagine how many KGB officers came under suspicion because it is a logical assumption, as in the case of Poteevym that the Americans hand over information on these activities to only those employees of the KGB, who knew about them. But even the circumstances of the arrest of Russian intelligence agents in the U.S., too, cause a lot of obvious questions to answer as there is no.
First, the question arises of whether the arrest of Russian intelligence, intelligence activity was under the complete control of U.S. intelligence, and even in such haste, urgency. Even a fool is clear that after the arrest of spies, the SVR will create a new network of agents, to find that Americans will have to work hard again, and not the fact that successful.
And then, in the Hollywood style of remembering this procedure on the video camera, show the world ... Clearly, if such an agent, as sweat, which is actually planned and developed a similar operation for the Americans is not easily represented.
There is an obvious fact that the ending is the development of Russian intelligence was clearly crushed and was absolutely not true, as one might think the Americans. Not to mention the obviously bad time to arrest, even on the basis of the political situation - after only a couple of days after the visit of Dr.. Medvedev in the U.S., the maximum that could make the FBI, it is to arrange two primitive provocation against Semenko and Chapman, literally, the day before the arrests. This could be justified only if the American agent in the SVR threatened immediate exposure, but no one was looking Poteeva, even when it's almost officially notified SMSkoy SVR leadership of his escape. So what if Americans are scared?.
- Who can answer these questions?.
- In addition to leadership SVR, no one else. But before his silence is motivated by the fact that there is an investigation, now that the verdict is handed down, and needs no comment.
- As you know, the defense Poteeva has appealed the sentence.
- Most of all, and solely for propaganda purposes. He was upheld, although the case against the treachery Poteeva should return to dorassledovanie to really thoroughly look into all the circumstances.
Interviewed by Jaroslav Tamantsev.
On the subject:. Russia sends a hitman for the betrayed Anna Chapman.
On the subject:. Vladimir Putin - the dark rise to power.
On the subject:. Ex- KGB Officer - Murder is a common practice in our work.
On the subject:. Putin about Anna Chapman and other Russian spies.